You will be able to update the Registered Office address, the address your company is registered to, via your online company portal for free.
When changing the Registered Office address, please remember it must be a physical location in the United Kingdom.
Steps to change the Registered Office Address:
- Go to My Companies (login required) and click on your company name.
- Scroll down to Registered Office and click Update.
- Enter the new address or select "Prefill" which will automatically copy a saved address in the required fields. If you see "Our registered office" checkbox ticked, then untick this if you do not want to use our address. The address used must be an address in the same country you were registered in.
- Click "Send". Your request is sent to Companies House awaiting confirmation. You will still see the old address until the request is accepted by Companies House generall within 3 working hours later.
Seen an error? Check your authentication code is valid.
- Lastly, you must notify HMRC of your new registered office address. Both our system and Companies House's system do not have the ability to update HMRC automatically.
Need to update your Directors and People of Significant Control (PSC) Address?:If you have also used the address for your officer's (Directors and People with Significant Control) service/ correspondence address and need to update this; please click here to find out how!
If you are no longer going to be using our N1 Registered Office address, please ensure you cancel your service to stop any automatic payments coming out from your account. Failure to cancel your service could result in your bank account being debited for the price of the renewal service.