The Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill requires all individuals who register companies or file with Companies House (the Registrar of companies for England and Wales) to verify their identity, including:
- Persons with significant control (“PSCs”)
- and those who deliver documents to the Registrar on behalf of a company
Please follow the instructions below to verify your (and your client's) identity via electronic verification:
How to verify my identity?
I am the Account Holder
- Log in to your Online Admin Portal: https://www.companiesmadesimple.com/login.html
- On the dashboard, click on the Proof of ID Status icon.
The list of officer/s will appear on the ID Check Status. Click on Edit beside your name.
- Select I am verifying ID for myself to begin the online verification. Click here for a walkthrough of the process.
I am the Director and/or Person with Significant Control
- The account holder will need to follow the same steps as above, but click on Edit beside the company officer's name.
- Select I need to verify ID for someone else
- Enter the email address of the company officer and click Send validation link
- An email with the validation link will be sent to the officer’s email address. The officer must click on the link in the email and follow the instructions to validate their proof of ID.
Credas - The Walkthrough
Still Need Help?
If you are experiencing problems with completing the online ID verification, please take a look at the Having Trouble with Credas article or email our Compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots and a brief explanation of your scenario.