Company Dissolution Service FAQs

What is a company dissolution?

A company dissolution is dissolving (closing) down a company. 

How does your Company Dissolution service work?

Once you purchase our  Company Dissolution service, we'll email the DS01 form to you to be signed by the company directors. Once you return the form to us, we file it on your behalf to Companies House.

Is the Companies House filing fee included in the price?

Yes, the Companies House fee is included in our Company Dissolution service.

What happens once the DS01 is submitted to Companies House?

Companies House will write to you directly once the dissolution application has been received, and again when the company has officially been struck off. It can take between 3 - 6 months for Companies House to fully dissolve the company.

Will I be notified when my company is dissolved?

Yes, Companies House will send a confirmation letter to your registered office. You can also check the Companies House register which should show your dissolved company status.

Can a company be restored once it has been dissolved?

Yes, you can apply to restore your dissolved company if you meet the criteria. Further information can be found at Companies House.

Who will need to sign the DS01 form?

Over half of the directors in the company must sign the document. If the company has 2 directors, then both must sign the document. It is mandatory to have at least one director to prepare the dissolution form.

Am I required to do anything while the company is in the process of dissolution?

In this time, and immediately after Companies House receives the application, you will not be required to file anything else to Companies House, i.e, the confirmation statement or annual accounts.       
Please note, HMRC will not be informed about the dissolution process. Thus, we strongly advise you to contact HMRC on 0300 200 3300 or +44 135 535 9022 if calling from outside the UK, as you may still need to file your last company Tax Return.

Can all limited companies file a dissolution request?

No. A company can not file a dissolution request if:

  • It has traded within the last 3 months
  • It has changed company name within the last 3 months
  • It is subject to legal proceedings
  • It has made a disposal for value of property or rights

What other terms are used in place of "Company Dissolution"?

"Company closure", "striking-off" and "winding up" are all commonly used to define the process.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us