How to appoint a Corporate (Company) Shareholder
In this article:
How to appoint a corporate shareholder during company registration
- Go to the Shareholders section.
- Next to "To make a corporate appointment", click the click here button.
- Enter the shareholder information and click Continue. You should see the company shareholder has been added:
- Continue filling out the rest of your company registration.
The company shareholder along with the rest of your company information will appear under the "My Companies" section of your account once your company is incorporated. The information will also appear on the Companies House register within 24 hours.
How to appoint a corporate shareholder after incorporation
Changes cannot be made to the shareholder structure direct from your Company Formation MadeSimple account once your company has been incorporated.
Therefore, you will need to:
- Allocate the corporate shareholder with a share capital (if you have already, skip to step 3). You would either need to issue additional shares (service with us temporarily unavailable) or transfer existing shares to the new shareholder. We can help you do either of these via our Share Services.
- Ensure all subscribers have agreed and signed the relevant forms, along with meeting minutes and updated share certificates, once the share(s) are issued.
- File a confirmation statement and enter the new shareholder information. You can file an early confirmation statement or wait until the due date. Once filed, the information will be updated with our system and Companies House within 24-48 hours.
- File a special or ordinary resolution to Companies House within 15 days.