Service Address vs Registered Office
In this article:
What's the difference?
A registered office is the registered address of a limited company. It must be a physical location in the United Kingdom at which official documents and notices have to be sent to by law.
A service address can be a residential address, the registered office address or an alternative address, that can be used by all officers of a company.
We offer both a Registered Office and a Service Address service. The address for both services is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. Continue reading to see the what's included in both services.
Service Address Service
Our service address service offers an N1 address that can be used for directors, shareholders or secretaries who want to keep their home address confidential and off the Companies House register and anywhere else.
Registered Office Service
Our registered office service offers an N1 address that can be used as the official address for your company. The registered office address will appear on the Companies House public register. Official mail addressed to the company will be scanned to you for one year - with no charge for handling.
If you wish to have the original forwarded or want to collect your official mail from our offices, please let us know within 7 days of the scan reaching you.
Any letters from the following list are classified as official mail:
- Claims Management Regulation
- Companies House
- Court documents (including Tribunals Services)
- Department of Work & Pensions (DWP)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- Government Gateway
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- Inland Revenue
- Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
- Ministry of Justice
- Office for National Statistics
Please note: our registered office address cannot be used for any local council mail, marketing/advertising material, or forwarding of unofficial mail * for your business.
* Unofficial mail is classified as personal mail such as bank letters, letters from your customers, suppliers, etc. Any mail that arrives at our offices for your company that is not covered under your current registered office service may be returned to sender.
If you would like to receive and forward all mail (official and unofficial mail), or would like to use our N1 address for marketing/advertising purposes, you can purchase the registered office service and our mail forwarding service separately.
We currently have a 3-month special offer for the mail forwarding service.
Alternatively, should you not want to use our mail forwarding service, please provide your bank, suppliers, customers, etc., with an alternative address for them to send their mail.