How do I change my Registered Office Address?
When changing the registered office address, please remember it must be a physical location in the United Kingdom.
Change the registered office address
- Go to My Companies (login required) and click on your company name.
- Scroll down to "Registered Office" and click "Update".
- Enter the new address or select "Prefill" which will automatically copy a saved address in the fields. If you see "our registered office" checkbox, untick this before entering the address.
- Click "Send". Your request is sent to Companies House awaiting confirmation. You will still see the old address until the request is accepted by Companies House 3 working hours later.
We will send you an email once the information is updated, normally within 3 working hours (excluding bank holidays and weekends).
Seen an error? Check your authentication code is valid.
- Lastly, you must notify HMRC via email or post of your new registered office address. Our system and Companies House system does not update HMRC.
Please note: If you are no longer going to be using our N1 registered office address, please ensure you disable auto-renew to stop any automatic payments coming out from your account. Failure to disable auto-renew could result in your bank account being debited for the price of the renewal service.